2 subjects

jacobb

Dear Joel.

First i thank you for your support so far , i would like to understand 2 subjects :

1. i can only run eraser to erase unuse disk when in not choose the enable "cluster tips" what do it mean ? , do the files realy delete ?
2. after eraser finish the job of easer unuse HD or eraser the recaycale bin , i do not see any report that is was done , nothing , there is nothing wirtten in the task table , is this correct ? or where do i find this information about what happen.

Kind regards
Jacob.

jacobb said:
1. i can only run eraser to erase unuse disk when in not choose the enable "cluster tips" what do it mean ? , do the files realy delete ?
No files are deleted at all. Cluster tips refer to the edge of files where the file ending does not match the cluster boundary and thus contain memory contents after the end of the file.
jacobb said:
2. after eraser finish the job of easer unuse HD or eraser the recaycale bin , i do not see any report that is was done , nothing , there is nothing wirtten in the task table , is this correct ? or where do i find this information about what happen.
Go to the Scheduler, right click on a task, and select View Logs. Tasks are automatically deleted by default if no errors or warnings were encountered during erase. This can be modified in the Settings page to allow you to review every single task.

Dear Joel.

Thank you for the answer , but i did not fully understand

1. do you mean that if i not choose enable "erase cluster tips" when i run erase for unuse disk , so actualy there is no erase for the unuse disk ? , so all the file i delte from recycale bin and mail are not erase ? , in that case why you give the option of enable/disable "erase cluster tips" ? as if you do not choose "erase cluster tips" the erase of the unuse disk is not affective and the files that were delte before and are on the unuse disk , and not been erase.

2. after the task is finish it is not any more on the schedualr , so i can not view the log , how can i change the setting ? , i could not find any place to change it in the setting (i use stablev6 for win 7)

thank you very much

Jacob.

Jacobb said:
1. do you mean that if i not choose enable "erase cluster tips" when i run erase for unuse disk , so actualy there is no erase for the unuse disk ? , so all the file i delte from recycale bin and mail are not erase ? , in that case why you give the option of enable/disable "erase cluster tips" ? as if you do not choose "erase cluster tips" the erase of the unuse disk is not affective and the files that were delte before and are on the unuse disk , and not been erase.
The recycle bin and your email are not unused space. It's still considered used. Cluster tips are the regions of files where disk space is allocated but does not store any information. You probably should google around for a more detailed explanation

Jacobb said:
2. after the task is finish it is not any more on the schedualr , so i can not view the log , how can i change the setting ? , i could not find any place to change it in the setting (i use stablev6 for win 7)
The setting is "Automatically remove tasks which run immediately and completed successfully" It's in the settings "page."

Dear Joel.

Recycale bin file after been empty (delete from recycale bin) and e amil after been delete from the delete folder ("premamntly delete") per my understanding become unuse disk space and the all idea of erase when run erase unuse disk is the erase this files , so my question is same

are this e mail that been delete from the delete folder and file that been empty from reycale been had been erase by eraser when i run erase unuse disk and did not choose the enable "erase cluster tips" ?

Kind regards
Jacob.

jacobb said:
Recycale bin file after been empty (delete from recycale bin) and e amil after been delete from the delete folder ("premamntly delete") per my understanding become unuse disk space and the all idea of erase when run erase unuse disk is the erase this files , so my question is same
Yes, that's correct. The cluster tip erasures don't affect these files.

Dear Joel.

Thank you for your fast answer , but i did not understand this answer , are this files (that were empty from the recycle bin and delete from delete file in the e mail) were erase by the eraser from the unuse disk even the i did not choose enable " erase cluster tips" ?

Jacob.

Yes.

Back