32-bit vs. 64-bit issue

highland9966

When using the program on a 32-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate, whenever I wanted to erase something within Windows Explorer, I simply right-clicked on the file or folder and utilized the Eraser options contained within the pop-up menu. This was great -- it enabled me to not have to actually open the full program each and every time I wanted to erase something.

However, after switching over to a 64-bit version of Vista Ultimate, even though I'm using the exact same version of the program (the very latest -- a 5.86, I believe) there are no menu options within Windows Explorer.

This, even though in the Preferences section of Eraser I have checked the box pertaining to adding a menu item to the Explorer context menu.

For example, if I have saved something in my personal Documents folder and I want to right-click on it in order to erase it, there are no Eraser items listed on the menu any longer.

Is there something different about running Eraser on a 64-bit version of Windows Vista as opposed to the 32-bit version?

It is a real pain in the neck to have to open up the full program each and every time I want to permanently erase something. I would really appreciate it if someone had some insight as to how I might be able to get this functionality back.

Thanks in advance!

You need to get the 64-bit version of the Eraser installer since that contains 64-bit DLLs which will load in Explorer. Explorer will not be able to load a 32-bit DLL in the 64-bit incarnation.

Alternatively, use any of the Unified installers for v6 or 5.8.7-beta5.

Joel

Many thanks for this info! I did not know that there was a completely separate installation for 64-bit. Much appreciated!

Back