browser problem

Veryclod

Hi. I don't know if this is the right place for me to ask for help. Unfortunately it looks like I have malware that has infected my on my Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android. Whenever I would try to access a link or do a search in Google Chrome I would get redirected to Nova.rambler.ru
I tried clearing cache/data in Chrome, restoring Chrome to factory default version etc. No luck...

Searched google relentlessly for a fix to no avail but found most of them (e.g. the removal guide in the post) provide solution for Windows PCs.

Is there any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Ronald Johnson

maybe you accidentally downloaded an extension or anything that makes it a default browser. you can just reset it if you cant find any other solution to that.

Lucas Dawson

you can also try if the same thing happens with other browser, if not, then the chrome extentions might be causing this

Linae

This happened to me too. I suggest you re-install your chrome first. See if the problem persists, you can scan your device. :) There are many antivirus program for android. You can search it from the Google Play Store.