Context Menu

rmccart2

I just upgraded to version 5.8. However I noticed a slight problem. When selecting “Add menu item to Explorer context menu”, the default, I get an additional blank menu item between the “Erase and Send To” menu items. Selecting this blank menu item presents a “Browse for Folder” window. From that window, after clicking “OK”, I’m presented with a “Confirm Secure Move” dialog box which is interfaced with “Eraser”.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Shouldn’t there be some text in the blank menu item?

From the last entry on that thread by Admin, I assume it's been fixed.

Having no need to be on the bleeding edge, I haven't installed 5.8 myself.

Same here with 3 diferrent XP machines. Happened after upgrading from v 5.7 to 5.8 in 2 of them and also happened with a clean install.

I have been looking at the Windows registry but was was not able to find anything so far.

:D I got an email from the developer in which he said they will be taking care of this soon with another patch. Watch for the availability.

Out of interest, is there any way of the user fixing this? ie, can the user change the context menu entries (ie the words themselves, or lack of words in this case!)? I'd have thought it could be a simple registry entry change?

I guess you could but I have been looking at the registry without being able to find where. I tried the places where you normally have shell and shellex entries for the context menu as well as the entries for eraser without success. There are other things I could try but did not have enough time to do so. At the end I unchecked the box to allow Eraser to have an entry in the context menu and the empty line went away.

Someone smart enough with some extra time will find a better workaround.

MS Office 2003

Apologies for nagging again.

It seems that un-installing version 5.8 breaks MS Office 2003 installation. It happened with two different machines.

After uninstalling the original 5.8 release to clean install this latest beta (mentioned by Robbie April 8th) some office programs kept looking for different installation files (i.e. sku011.cab). Providing the path to the installation CD cured the problem in both cases.

Just to let you know.

I decided to move back to version 5.7. Additionally to what I previously commented, the 'Erase unused space' function in version 5.8 damaged some of the files that should have preserved in a USB stick.

Tattenbach said:
I decided to move back to version 5.7. Additionally to what I previously commented, the 'Erase unused space' function in version 5.8 damaged some of the files that should have preserved in a USB stick.

I also went back to 5.7. But first I did a sfc/scannow typed in a command prompt, with the OS instillation CD in the CD-rom drive. To replace all those damaged files, and there was a lot.

Back