Deletes Tasks

Andy

Hi

I have just Installed the current version from using 5.7 for a long time with no problems.

Firstly my exported tasks would not load with the new version (annoying), but my 'problem' is when I run the tasks and they are completed the tasks then 'dissapear' from the gui/screen. So eveytime I start eraser I have to reload them. Surely this isn't how it's meant to be now is it ?

Also why one earth would they update a program and leave the old Instructions that are now out of date, or are there some new ones to download seperately ?

Thanks

Andy

Andy said:
Hi

I have just Installed the current version from using 5.7 for a long time with no problems.

Firstly my exported tasks would not load with the new version (annoying), but my 'problem' is when I run the tasks and they are completed the tasks then 'dissapear' from the gui/screen. So eveytime I start eraser I have to reload them. Surely this isn't how it's meant to be now is it ?

Also why one earth would they update a program and leave the old Instructions that are now out of date, or are there some new ones to download seperately ?

Thanks

Andy
The latist version is 5.86a, is that the version you have? On to your other problem when you make a new task at the om of the task properties page is a checkbox "Keep task on the list", put a chechmark in that box. There is no help file that gets downloaded separately, you need to update to 5.86a if you haven't yet.

Hi Carver

Thanks for the reply.

The version I now have installed is shown as 5.86.1, this is the version the site says is the latest, so is the one I downloaded !
The Instructions with it are no different to 5.7 and don't show any of the changes :(

"Keep task on the list",
:oops: Oh dear, sorry I can't believ I didn't see that ...

Another problem I have, that I tried again today and is still the same, it won't delete my IE history properly (C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\History) It always shows 1kb left (actually I checked and there are about 12 folders and 3 files left, the files total about 150kb) Eraser says the files are locked/being used by something else.

I have changed nothing else since Installing this version and 5.7 never had any problem erasing that whole folder.

Also I noticed that they have added afeature that if files won't delete then you can be asked on next reboot before they are locked, so why does it not ask me If I want to delete the history folder on reboot ?

Thanks again.

Andy

Andy said:
Hi Carver

Thanks for the reply.

The version I now have installed is shown as 5.86.1, this is the version the site says is the latest, so is the one I downloaded !
The Instructions with it are no different to 5.7 and don't show any of the changes :(

"Keep task on the list",
:oops: Oh dear, sorry I can't believ I didn't see that ...

Another problem I have, that I tried again today and is still the same, it won't delete my IE history properly (C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\History) It always shows 1kb left (actually I checked and there are about 12 folders and 3 files left, the files total about 150kb) Eraser says the files are locked/being used by something else.

I have changed nothing else since Installing this version and 5.7 never had any problem erasing that whole folder.

Also I noticed that they have added afeature that if files won't delete then you can be asked on next reboot before they are locked, so why does it not ask me If I want to delete the history folder on reboot ?

Thanks again.

Andy
Eraser version 5.7 was never able to delete the IE history. The later versions of Eraser can do this by deleting it at startup.

IE locks its files and those files can't be deleted by running eraser (or any other similar program) without a computer restart first (after running the eraser program before the computer shutdown).

Back