Destroying data on another computer using Nuke Disk

Stouks

Some where I read something about how to create a NUKE DISK for a computer other than the one that the Eraser/Nuke Disk program is actually on. I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a floppy and a CD rom and I want to give it to someone. So, how to I use the NUKE DISK program on my old toshiba? (by the way, I am not able to hook it to the internet)

Thanks!

JD

You can use the DBAN media on any computer. Download the software on a computer with an Internet connection and follow the instruction in the README.TXT file.

Thanks.

But as my post indicated, I cannot use the internet on my old laptop. Is there anyway to somehow move the DBan program from my main computer to my old one via a cd?

Thanks

Stouks - That's what he's telling you - download DBAN to a floppy on the computer that does have the Internet connection and then pop it in the one that doesn't and use it there. Pete

spy1 said:
Stouks - That's what he's telling you - download DBAN to a floppy on the computer that does have the Internet connection and then pop it in the one that doesn't and use it there. Pete
or copy the ISO image to a CD on the one with an internet connection, then use the CD on the old computer.

spy1 said:

PETE,

You are right!!! I misread the statement. Thanks and sorry.

You're quite welcome. Hope the rest of it goes fine for you. Pete

Back