Does ERASER work with computers w/o internet?

TEKARIES

Hello.

Here's my basic situation.

My five year old PC laptop is unable to log onto the internet (it cannot access 'Internet Options'). So it's time for a netbook. Before I recycle my computer to Goodwill I obviously want to erase my hard drive. Do I need to log onto the internet in order to do this? For instance, Eraser is a free download but my situation prohibits me from downloading it.

Would I ...

download ERASER to my partner's computer, transfer the ERASER program to my flash disk, insert the flash disk to my dud-computer and go from there? And if I download ERASER to my partner's MAC, it won't accidentally erase any of his files, will it?

Thanks for your time.

- tekaries

TEKARIES said:
download ERASER to my partner's computer, transfer the ERASER program to my flash disk, insert the flash disk to my dud-computer and go from there? And if I download ERASER to my partner's MAC, it won't accidentally erase any of his files, will it?
Yep that's the plan. It won't affect his files, no, unless you tell the program to get rid of it. But then again, Eraser does't work on Macs so the program shoudn't run. Just copy the files over and run it on your netbook.

Back