Drag and Dropping freezes my computer

A

Anonymous

I have just installed Eraser and am running on XP environment. My computer freezes when I drag and drop any and all files on my computer. I have tried to uninstall and installed the program but it does not help. The version I installed is version 5.7 from www.heidi.ie/eraser/

same problem here

I am having the same problem. Whenever I try to right click or drag and drop the system freezes and I have to kill explorer.exe. I am not using XP though, I am using w2k, with V5.7. BTW, I installed this on an external USB drive and it happens only when that drive is plugged in and only on the system I was using when I installed it. When I plug the drive in at home (XP Home) it does not happen.

more research

Ok, I looked through some more posts and tried the "uncheck background entropy polling fix", it seems to work so far. Give that a try.

freez system explorer

I am having the same problem. Whenever I try to right click or drag and drop the system freezes and I have to kill explorer.exe.

drag & drop

I use xp pro + eraser 5.7. when I drag files or a directory overthe eraser icon I get an error message "an unnamed file has a bad format". If I open eraser, I can successfully drag the files or directory and I get no error message. Is this a malfunction in eraser or my computer, or is it supposed to be possible to drag files or a diretory over the icon? Very good product - thanx to the programmer(s).

Back