End of Stream was encountered before parsing was completed.

timelord

I have encountered this error on 3 different win 7 machines (64-bit Ultimate, 32-bit Pro, 32-bit home premium). I am running Eraser 6.0.9.2343.

"Could not load task list. All task entries have been lost. End of Stream was encountered before parsing was completed." :!:

Is this known to be a common problem and is there a fix for it?

Thanks,
Ken

Re: End of Stream was encountered before parsing was complet

The error message suggests a corrupt or missing Task List file. There appears to be no record of this particular error on the forum. Two questions:
  • Did the error occur on first install, or when you had been using Eraser 6.0.9 for some time?
  • When you installed, was it a first time Eraser install, or did you install over a previous version and, if so, which one?
Try deleting the Task List (details in the 3rd sticky post in the FAQ) on one of your machines, to see if that makes a difference.

David

Re: End of Stream was encountered before parsing was complet

Did the error occur on first install, or when you had been using Eraser 6.0.9 for some time?

I think the 64-bit ultimate machine was running for a little while before I noticed the problem. I don't think I was specific in my original post, but the error occurs after I login after a reboot. I don't reboot any of them that often. However, the 32-bit pro and 32-bit home premium machines had this error the very first time I rebooted them.

When you installed, was it a first time Eraser install, or did you install over a previous version and, if so, which one?

Both, maybe. The win 7 64-bit ultimate might have had a previous version installed first but I can't remember for sure. If the 64-bit ultimate install was over a previous version I probably can't determine which one, but I'll double-check to see if I still have the older install file on that PC when I get home.

Try deleting the Task List (details in the 3rd sticky post in the FAQ) on one of your machines, to see if that makes a difference.

Ok, that's easy. I'll try that and see what happens the next time I reboot.

Thanks,
Ken

Back