Eraser 5.8.7-beta 4 Standard and Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too important, but in the portable version archive the "COPYING.txt" file is corrupted. The rest are OK.

.NET i agree is something i wish Microsoft would reduce and not increase and is a reason why many users dismiss it entirely, and for good reason. It;s not so much as matter of HD space but M$ is nororious for heaping huge amounts of files instead of working minimalistic.

But i'll be going 3.5 >NET for ERASER 6 because the expectations at this oint are very high IMO.

EASTER

About v6 I have have problem and I think it might be caused by .NET 3.5 the whole line where the file menu goes disapeared and is replaced by a white space, and it keeps asking Eraser.exe keeps asking for access to the monitor even though I gave it complet access in Firewall Comodo 3.5.57173.439.

Hi wraithdu and Carver

Thank you both for your reports.

I have created a Trac ticket for each of your bug reports. If either of you find anymore bugs could you post them on the Eraser Trac please ?

Thanks. :)

Here is the link to the Eraser Trac.

I can only release unofficial (beta) releases like these. 5.8.7 has accumulated sufficient bug fixes for an official release, but like I said earlier Garrett is the only one who can make official v5 releases as all official releases will be signed using his certificate. Garrett's usually busy so I don't know how long it'll take. I've sounded it out to him already, but he has the final authority.

Joel

Garret - from MANY of us who have been LONG TIME users of Eraser, we implore you to PLEASE get involved once again in this project. We would like you to take just a few minutes and MAKE Eraser 5.8.7 FINAL. We have all tested the various beta releases for you and now it is your turn to do something for us. Please finalize this product. Thank you ! ! !

Joe,

Does the name really make a difference to you? Assuming 5.8.7-beta4 is stable and bug free, the only thing that would change would be the name, so essentially 5.8.7-final would just be 5.8.7-beta4 by another name.

I happen to agree with Joe. Why not 'tidy it up' and make it final, if indeed it is ? To be honest, I am still hoping that either Joel or Garret will solve the long standing problem of Eraser via context menu not being able to erase URLs. I have tried other eraser utilities and they have no problem identifying and allowing the user to erase URLs. If you don't know what I'm referring to, right click on a URL and try to find 'erase' in the context menu. (At least on Vista) ;-)

Re: Eraser 5.8.7-beta 4 Standard and PoThe erasure of URLSrtable

The erasure of URLs from the context menu has been fixed in v6.

As for whether it will be beta or final - like I said before I am in no position to release final versions.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back