Eraser 5.85 BETA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel

Hello,

I'm announcing the publish of Eraser 5.85 BETA 1. This is a BETA RELEASE containing bugfixes of those reported in the Bug forum. If your bug is reported to have been fixed, please try this download to confirm that it indeed has been fixed.

Please do not complain if your disk is screwed at the end of this, really. It is a beta (but no writing code has changed). Count yourself warned.

http://eraser.sourceforge.net/eraser585Betasetup.exe

UNINSTALL 5.84 before installing this version. We use different installers (back to inno).

Joel

Bugs potentially solved

• Eraser when right-click and dragging files, two Eraser Secure Move menu items appear
  • Eraser does not document the first/last 2k erase for EraserL.exe
  • Fixed potentially missing Eraser.dll in 64 bit release
  • CLSIDs should be cleaned up nicely upon uninstall
  • No erasure report is generated if the user disables it in preferences and erases the recycle bin using the right click
  • If you are not using English Windows, the Default.ers file should be saved correctly
Joel

Re: Bugs potentially solved

Joel said:
  • Eraser when right-click and dragging files, two Eraser Secure Move menu items appear
  • Eraser does not document the first/last 2k erase for EraserL.exe
  • Fixed potentially missing Eraser.dll in 64 bit release
  • CLSIDs should be cleaned up nicely upon uninstall
  • No erasure report is generated if the user disables it in preferences and erases the recycle bin using the right click
  • If you are not using English Windows, the Default.ers file should be saved correctly
Joel

Thank you, I was just going to ask for a list, as there's alot of bugs listed on the bugs forum ;)

Excellent work.

Ok, found a bug, eraser.dll can't be found on system restart. Will fix tomorrow.

Joel

Joel said:
Ok, found a bug, eraser.dll can't be found on system restart. Will fix tomorrow.

FWIW it works fine here on XP SP2 +hotfixes.

edit: scratch that, post reboot it loses my imported scheduler settings

Joel I will wait for a later release before I check the install / uninstall as there seems to be problems with this beta. :wink:

No, the beta is fine for uninstall/install. The problem was with my installer set up.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back