Eraser 5.85 BETA 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel

Joel said:
What's fixed? TBH. I'm not sure.

:lol: :lol:

Thanks for yet another release !

I will have a play with this tonight, anybody else want to Beta test too ?

Overwriter said:
anybody else want to Beta test too ?

I have had a busy few days, didn't get to look at beta3, but should hopefully be able to test out beta4 tomorrow.

I'm setting up a virtual machine so I can do destructive tests (if the need arises) with out the hassle of rebuilding

XP Pro SP2

Installed ok.
Uninstalled ok (even took eraser.dll out).

Version number on install page and about page was different to setup.exe name. (don’t think this is a problem though, I just want to make sure this is the correct release).

Setup.exe Beta 4
About and installer page 5.85 Beta2

All ok so far for me. Still more testing to do though !

Has the ISAAC PRNG bug been fixed in this release ?

Nope. the dude presented his fix in pseudocode, It's a (too) big undertaking to change that into C++.

Joel

All looking good. Apart from one thing, I uninstalled beta2 and deleted every .ers file I could find. Rebooted and installed beta4. Once again it had my Scheduler entries in it :)

So where does eraser look for saved .ers files?

Joel said:
Nope. the dude presented his fix in pseudocode, It's a (too) big undertaking to change that into C++.

Oh dear, I was kind of hoping this would have been a little easier than it appears to be. It is quite an important feature particularly considering plausible deniability for Truecrypt users.

Well at least you have made massive improvements on all the other bugs !
:wink:

Hi jackjack :)

I PM’d you some time ago asking if you could take a look at this thread and close it if it is solved.

Could you take a look please, so all bugs can be ticked off as solved.

Thanks.

Right clicking on a full recycle bin and selecting “Erase recycle bin (Random)” gives me an error message.

Sorry. :(

Overwriter said:
Right clicking on a full recycle bin and selecting “Erase recycle bin (Random)” gives me an error message.

Sorry. :(

Confirm.

Goodbye the very best, old (v5.7) recycle bin menu. :cry:

Dude it's a beta what do you expect? I'll fix it later in the day (just recompile the set up after fixing the registry reference)

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back