Eraser 5.86.1 Not Erasing .txt or URL files

Harkonenn

I've noticed that Eraser seems to be completely ignoring files with the .txt extension as well as internet shortcuts (such as those dragged from Firefox onto the Windows desktop).

- If I right click on a .txt file and try to erase it, there is no feedback
- If I select a .txt file as well as any other file (of a different type) then Eraser will behave as expected
- The same applies to internet shortcuts

Am I doing something wrong?

How do you select a text file? How does Eraser behave as expected? What is the expected behaviour? What version of Eraser are you using? Do you use Vista? 64-bit or 32-bit?

Sorry for asking a string of questions but there really isn't much information here to help diagnose any specific problem.

Joel

Your need to ask questions is due to my idiocy for not providing any info! I apologize.

- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Eraser v5.86.1

My typical use of Eraser:

1) Select file(s) and folder(s) that I want to erase in Explorer or on the Windows desktop (usually by direct selection with my mouse and/or marquee selection for a group of items)
2) Right-click on the selection
3) Choose "Erase" from the Windows context menu
4) Eraser pops up a "Confirm Erasing" dialog box
5) I click the "Yes" button
6) Eraser deletes the file(s) and folder(s) I selected.

The expected behavior that I mentioned is summed up in #4 - 6 above.

However, in the case of text files (*.txt) and internet shorcuts, #4 - 6 does not happen. It's as though Eraser is not invoked at all.

I hope that's enough of a description.

URLs not going through #4 to #6 is expected, a fix has been in for v6 but hasn't yet been backported to v5. As for text files I really don't know what's stopping it from happening. Does the problem only affect text files? Are any programs using the text file? I'll run Eraser later when I got time under XP to try to see what's going on.

P/s please submit a ticket on Trac to remind me.

Joel

Back