Eraser 6.0.4.875 add task files from folder mask issue

testor

i made a folder inside i put some files with txt extension and one with .boc then i add a task to delete the files from folder with exclude mask on *.boc" and delete folder if empty checked in this scenario eraser will erase all files and the folder also even if there is a .boc file inside

if i do the same thing but unticking the "delete folder if empty" eraser will ereser everything except the .boc file which of course will remain in the folder

also if i put a file with extension ".a" and i add a task with "delete folder if empty" and exclude mask set to ".a" tha task wil go instant like 300mb deleted in less then 1 sec so i guess no passes are done. if i untick the "delete folder if empty" the task is not added at all!

note that the last issue appear only with ".a" extension because when i change it to ... ".b" or ".x" the eraser work...of course if i untick the "delete folder if empty".
if that option is selected after all the files are erased except the masked one eraser will delete the folder.
now question is it possible to recover the masked file? since they where deleted without any passes over them ?

sorry for my english is not my native language!

i did the recovery test on the files with ".a" extension and it was exactly what i was aspect
if i put in a folder some files let say 2 video file 170mb files and one one ".a" file same video 170mb then add the task with "delete folder if empty" option enabled all folder will be erased then i got a freeware program "restoration" i start it and on my partition and it found my deleted folder which will have now all files with random name and all of them are intact i can see the content which i guess is "normal" since it doesn't .. actually do the entire series of passes on it.

i try the same test but replace the avi files with txt fiels i made like 4 txt files with "dummy" text inside then i made another one with "this is the .a file" text inside then change the extension from txt to .a then create the task with ".a" exclude mask and "delete folder is empty" option enable run the task.
start restoration search the partition and i found the files but gues what all 4 txt with the "dummy" test are 0 kB and nothing inside and the ".a" is intact i can see the text inside. looks like there is also a size issue or something cos this small files get wiped with 0kb random files

I believe the problem stems from the fact that Eraser is removing folders even if they aren't empty. This should be fixed in r975 (which will be part of rc5.) Thanks for the bug report!

Regards,
Joel

Joel said:
I believe the problem stems from the fact that Eraser is removing folders even if they aren't empty. This should be fixed in r975 (which will be part of rc5.) Thanks for the bug report!

Regards,
Joel

im very happy to be able to help you develop this awesome program! i will keep posting here what i discover (not much) cos i dont want to put wrong tickets in trac.

:) my best regards and thanks again for your work

Back