Eraser 6.1.0.1858 & windows 7 H.P. 64, unused errors galore!

jaeb0922 said:
it would be nice if it could tell us the difference in errors i agree. maybe something new for the next build?
I doubt it will be any time soon. Joel's focus, as I understand it, is (and should be) on the core functionality of Version 6.2, in particular on having the Eraser engine running as a service. I'd guess that is the platform on which changes in the user experience have to be built.

David

Yes, 6.0 is in a feature freeze, only accepting bug fixes and major security breaches. New functionality will always be in the next minor version. (i.e. the second digit in the version, currently 6.2 -- which has 6.1 as the active development branch. This is nothing but convention, that the second digit is even to indicate a stable version)

In case it is relevant, I had an issue with a nightly build (1877), where Eraser was unable to access any files for cluster tip erasure, and generated literally thousands of errors. This problem seems to have been fixed in build 1880 - thank you, Joel.

David

I think the bug was introduced earlier than 1858, so 1858 is likely affected. It' due to an architecture change in the way Eraser deals with files.

Back