Eraser acts funny in Vista x64

provoko

Any version of Eraser I've used (including beta) has been acting weird in Vista x64. First, the context shell doesn't come up when right clicking files.

Second, when I delete internet explorer files, it doesn't seem to do it. I'll go into internet options and it'll still show all the files, I can double click them, and they load up the page/picture. Even when I put on scheduler to delete IE files after reboot, sometimes it still doesn't do it. Is this the correct location of IE7 files: C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files?

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? And when will the next version of eraser come out including beta?

For the IE history problem the folder is not a physical one. Eraser cannot erase the folder for you - the physical location is different. You'll probably have to use CCleaner or something like that for it. As for the shell not displaying your context menu I believe the beta solves it. The next beta will be released when enough bugs (by my arbitrary standards) are fixed to warrant a release.

Joel

Back