Eraser Error Messages

BikenIA

Session: Friday, October 21, 2011 10:41:54 PM
I loaded Eraser 6.0.8.2273 on new computer with Window 7, 64 bit, without problems. When I manually Eraser to empty recycle bin or individual file/folder the following error message:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Eraser.Util.Unlocker, Version=6.0.8.2273, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3ac89a0351e689b6' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

I used older version of Eraser on older computer with XP, and used MS Easy Transfer to move files from old computer to new one.
Help PLEEEEESE :mrgreen:

You should reinstall Eraser. Eraser's binaries can be dynamically recompiled into 64-bit and 32-bit binaries, but the Unlocker DLL cannot. This caused a DLL mismatch.

Joel said:
You should reinstall Eraser. Eraser's binaries can be dynamically recompiled into 64-bit and 32-bit binaries, but the Unlocker DLL cannot. This caused a DLL mismatch.

I'm having the EXACT same problem! Can someone compile a copy of the Unlocker DLL in 64-bit form for me so I can get this working on my computer? Thanks.

I suggest that you follow Joel's advice. Uninstall Eraser, then reinstall the current stable version, 6.0.10. If you still have problems, we van take it from there.

David

Back