eraser folder deletions

TechJD

Why would you have eraser deleted a folder that has other folders in it that were not empty
just because the main folder had no files in it - it deleted approx 10 gig of video
most I can get back if I can remember what was in there to begin with
I think it is a great program and have been using it for several year but I think this new option needs fixed

ok never mind you change how it does things
I thought I was telling it to erase unused space in a folder and turns out that option is no longer an option
turns out I told it to delete the files and folder - dang 10 gig gone

but it wont run any other way
erase unused space dont seem to work on Win 7 32bit sense the updates, cause it did work
just says compete with errors and dont do anything
error log reads Session: Monday, June 07, 2010 5:37:06 PM
Monday, June 07, 2010 5:37:06 PM Error The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.
program was ran as administrator

I don't think that there is (or ever was) such a thing as an unused space in a folder that could be wiped. Certainly, that option is not present in Eraser 5. However I agree that Eraser 6 has 'lost' the option in Eraser 5 to erase the files but not the sub-folders in a folder, though you can pretty easily do this in other ways; using the context menu is probably the easiest.

If you need to run Eraser elevated (i.e. as administrator), you need to close the running instance of Eraser first; right-click on the little icon in the System Tray and select 'Exit Eraser'. If you don't do this, the instruction to run the program as Administrator will not be implemented.

David

Back