Eraser keeps having to retry and delete files lately

A

Anonymous

for some weird reason eraser, after any kind of erasing job says it failed to clean the deleted object, yet it disapeers off the screen. after going through the erasing screen, it says retrying to erase 10 times i think. so was the file truly erased? it keeps telling me to close other programs but im not sure what other program that i have run before would be screwing something else up now.

Are you using the latest version of Eraser 5.7?

Perhaps your installation got messed up and maybe an re-installation would help resolve the issue?

Or perhaps the file actually is in use. In that case, Eraser wouldn't be able to delete it. At least, that's been my experience. Find out what might be using this file you're trying to erase. Are you having a problem erasing any other similar files?

:roll:

Or perhaps the file actually is in use. In that case, Eraser wouldn't be able to delete it. At least, that's been my experience.

Happens to me everytime i also include the index.dat files which get included sometime. Thats as it should be, they are in use if you get that return from Eraser. If not in use, Eraser will scramble overwrite with whatever passes you select.

Guest3355 said:
after any kind of erasing job says it failed to clean the deleted object, yet it disapeers off the screen.
That's not what the error message actually said, is it? Eraser probably told you that it failed to erase the name of the file, quite likely because of problems locking the drive for exclusive access. This doesn't mean that the file itself wasn't erased. In fact, if the program did not specifically tell you that the file contents could not be erased, then they were. Also, whether objects disappear from the screen has nothing to do with whether they also disappear from the hard drive.

Back