eraser not working

slate99

i just downloaded eraser 5.84 to my vista home premium 32bit comp,nothing is happening it says that it is running but only for a few minutes,please help

thanks for reply,i tried that and the same thing happens,it says its running but only for 1minute,i did have eraser in the past but i uninstalled a couple of months ago as i thought that it wasnt working,i can remember a cluster/overwriting bar came up in the left hand corner but iam not getting that now

Can you describe your problem in a little more details. "running but only for 1minute," is a little unclear. If you can describe what you are doing (e.g. manually erasing, scheduler, on demand, etc).

i bring eraser up on screen-on demand i try to erase a box comes up with to bars with 0 at both ends of the bars,then these error messages come up-
1,error.erasing the free space requires elevation
2,error,erasing the free disc space requires elevation
3,error,failed to erase file names from drive c; dont know why exactly
then i tried -scheduler-
on set to erase part c:-every day
using psudorandom data 1pass-i ticked the boxes below for overwrite cluster tip area and alternate data streams
and when i press erase at the top of screen it says that its running then it stops and says for the next schedule erase.
thank you for trying to help me,i havent been online long,

Does your user account have administrator privileges? I've not seen the 'requires elevation' notice before but I'd hazard a guess that it might be related to you not having enough privs to run the app. Someone else might be able to confirm this.

when i installed this latest eraser,i noticed that it had the last schedule and the last run info of the eraser i had just installed,i just tried to run eraser as adminstrator but to no avail

slate99 said:
when i installed this latest eraser,i noticed that it had the last schedule and the last run info of the eraser i had just installed

I have a bug report submitted regarding that. Unfortunately I'm at a bit off a loss right now as to what might be your problem.

You're running Vista. You need to close all instances of Eraser (including the system tray application), then right-click the Eraser shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

Joel

Back