Eraser Stopped Working after installation

FredricJLowe

I attempted to update my exisitng Eraser which has been on my computer since June 2010. I haven't run it since then. However, when I tried to install the updates including 6.1.0.2284 that were available, it gave me an error that Error stopped working. I uninstalled Eraser and tried several other attempts including one that was shown as being stable for Vista 32 bit (6.0.9.2343). However, the same problem persists.

I'll be doing a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit over my existing Windows Vista 32 bit. Prior to saving all of my files and folders with Acronis True Image 2012 Home edition to an external hard drive, I started uninstalling some software programs and then cleaned the registry with my Norton subscription from Comcast. Also, ran a full antivirus scan.

As I'll be doing the migration to Windows 7 64 bit, would I be better off waiting to install Eraser once I have the new operating system installed and restored all of my files and folders?

And if so, are there any tips I should follow with the Windows 7 installation? I have a laptop with the Windows 7 64 bit, and I recall some programs had difficulties with installation and had to be run as an administator.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer on this.

FredricJLowe said:
I attempted to update my exisitng Eraser which has been on my computer since June 2010. I haven't run it since then. However, when I tried to install the updates including 6.1.0.2284 that were available, it gave me an error that Error stopped working. I uninstalled Eraser and tried several other attempts including one that was shown as being stable for Vista 32 bit (6.0.9.2343). However, the same problem persists.
You need to delete the Task List as detailed in the FAQ. 6.1.0 is a beta version and not technically an update... did you use the updater?

FredricJLowe said:
I'll be doing a clean install of Windows 7 64 bit over my existing Windows Vista 32 bit. Prior to saving all of my files and folders with Acronis True Image 2012 Home edition to an external hard drive, I started uninstalling some software programs and then cleaned the registry with my Norton subscription from Comcast. Also, ran a full antivirus scan.

As I'll be doing the migration to Windows 7 64 bit, would I be better off waiting to install Eraser once I have the new operating system installed and restored all of my files and folders?

And if so, are there any tips I should follow with the Windows 7 installation? I have a laptop with the Windows 7 64 bit, and I recall some programs had difficulties with installation and had to be run as an administator.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer on this.
Eraser should work regardless of the course of action you take. Let me know if you do encounter problems after upgrading.

Back