Eraser stops at 90%

LeeJGold

I have used the latest version of Eraser 6 to wipe the free space on drive C using a single pass and to erase cluster tips. The run proceeds OK through the cluster tip and wipe free space with the status bar showing 100%, however the main status bar shows 90% and the program does not complete the run even if left for hours. I have to manually shut it down. What is causing this and can I work round it? I am running VISTA premium in Admin with a quad core intel procressor and 4 gb of RAM. My HD is 600gb in size split into two partitions with the C: Drive 200GB

LeeJGold said:
I have used the latest version of Eraser 6 to wipe the free space on drive C using a single pass and to erase cluster tips. The run proceeds OK through the cluster tip and wipe free space with the status bar showing 100%, however the main status bar shows 90% and the program does not complete the run even if left for hours. I have to manually shut it down. What is causing this and can I work round it? I am running VISTA premium in Admin with a quad core intel procressor and 4 gb of RAM. My HD is 600gb in size split into two partitions with the C: Drive 200GB
Have you tryed to run a free space wipe more than once, does it stop on the same file. Is this file big, could the file be corupt. Have you done a sfc/scannow or a chkdsk to make sure that the .dll files are not corrupt and the HD files are all in order. If that is all in order maybe something is interfering with Eraser like a scheduled AV scan. That is why it is a good Idea to kill all non essential processes with the Task manager, to rule out a scheduled event. Just some ideas.

Also, what do you mean by "the latest version"? There are significant differences between the current stable and the development builds.

David

Back