Eraser

rkisko

I have a notebook with 98SE on it. It has a 2GB drive, 1.2GB free space. I tried a couple of times to run erase free space. It gets almost finished then gives a message there is not enough room on the drive. I click on the free up unneeded space and then I get an error message that erase has performed an illegal operation. What am I doing wrong?

Eraser works by making temp files, when the HD gets full you get a message there is not enough room on the drive. But don't panic, Eraser will then delete all of its temp files. What you did wrong is you should not have clicked on the free up unneeded space. So rerun Eraser this time when you get a message there is not enough room on the drive, just let Eraser continue. Eraser should Delete the temperary files it created.

I did as you said and let Eraser run. However, the following message was displayed at the end: Eraser This program has performed an illegal operation (etc.). Clicking on Details says: Eraser caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE at 0010:00000c00. It goes on listing the Registers. What should I do?

Back