Erasing several subfolders but not individual files

phkhgh

In a folder (like content.ie5) that contains subfolders w/ changing names like the one listed below, and also file names like desktop.ini, will selecting option to erase "Folders" and "Only Subfolders", leave the file (desktop.ini) alone? I DON'T want to erase the destop.ini (I edited it.)

C:\Documents and Settings\ Owner\ Local Settings\ Temporary Internet Files\ Content.IE5\ 0RN6673U. There're lots of other similar subfolders - 12 in all. If these names don't change, that'd simplify things some.

Then in same folder, there are also individual files:
C:\Documents and Settings\ Owner\ Local Settings\ Temporary Internet Files\ Content.IE5\desktop.ini

Or does it assume that since you tell it to erase all subfolders in content.ie5, that you also want individual files erased that are in the folder content.ie5, but not in a subfolder of it.

If these particular subfolder names change (I think), can't just name them in a saved task. I'm pretty sure if I tell it to erase all subfolders of content.ie5, it'll erase the edited desktop.ini as well.

Thanks.

5.83 is supposed to have better wildcard support, although I have yet to get it to work, ymmv

In the case of:
C:\Documents and Settings\ Owner\ Local Settings\ Temporary Internet Files\ Content.IE5\ 0RN6673U

Specifying
C:\Documents and Settings\ Owner\ Local Settings\ Temporary Internet Files\ Content.IE5\*\

should in theory wipe the directories but leave the desktop.ini (back it up just in case though)

Back