Default file erasure method
Default unused space erase method
Ramdommess data source these settings have now been set to nave defaults
Please check that the new settings suit your required level of security

message 2)
Eraser cannot connect to the running instance for erasures

you can show me what happens

thanks

The error message you are getting is usually associated with a Windows install which does not have the latest root certificates. Eraser makes use of this Windows security feature to make sure that only valid plugins are installed into the program; nobody wants a program like Eraser to have a rogue plugin.

You can get the root certificates direct from Microsoft; the link is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931125. You need to download and run the updater package.

David

DavidHB said:
The error message you are getting is usually associated with a Windows install which does not have the latest root certificates. Eraser makes use of this Windows security feature to make sure that only valid plugins are installed into the program; nobody wants a program like Eraser to have a rogue plugin.

You can get the root certificates direct from Microsoft; the link is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931125. You need to download and run the updater package.

David

thanks for your quick response

the link takes me to tell me about Windows Vista licenses, my operating system is Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3

me can provide the link to obtain the certificate

If you read further down the Microsoft text, you will see that the update also applies to Windows XP Home Edition. The reference to Vista in the opening paragraph of the page is misleading.

David

The bug causing Message 2 has been (finally) fixed in r2263. The next version of Eraser will incorporate the fix.

Back