Error Msg: ...Eraser already installed

Mercop56

For about two years I've been trying to upgrade/install Eraser on my Win7 PC 64 Bit computer. This all began in November 2010 when I tried to upgrade from v6.0.7 to v6.0.8

Although I deleted Task List.ersx -- following the threads of this forum -- and although I deleted HKCU\Software\Eraser\Eraser6, I still received the error message -- "A newer version of Eraser is already installed. Setup will now exit." I eventually un-installed Eraser from my computer. But I like using Eraser.

Over the years I've tried to re-install it, including this recent version 6.0.10.2620 -- but still receiving the same error message. Although there are many threads on this subject in this Forum, I've not had any success with re-installing Eraser -- the ONLY application I'm not able to install/re-install on my system.

Am I missing something?

Sorry for the delay.

Just uninstall what version of Eraser you have at the moment, and then re-install. That should do it.

Mercop56 said:
For about two years I've been trying to upgrade/install Eraser on my Win7 PC 64 Bit computer. This all began in November 2010 when I tried to upgrade from v6.0.7 to v6.0.8

Although I deleted Task List.ersx -- following the threads of this forum -- and although I deleted HKCU\Software\Eraser\Eraser6, I still received the error message -- "A newer version of Eraser is already installed. Setup will now exit." I eventually un-installed Eraser from my computer. But I like using Eraser.

Over the years I've tried to re-install it, including this recent version 6.0.10.2620 -- but still receiving the same error message. Although there are many threads on this subject in this Forum, I've not had any success with re-installing Eraser -- the ONLY application I'm not able to install/re-install on my system.

Am I missing something?

Me too, still receiving the same error message :(

These sound like installer issues - try installing ccleaner and using it to remove the entry for eraser from the install registry then try reinstalling.

Back