"Error: reached the end of the file" and "Fai

Waschbaer

Greetings All,

I can't find any information in the help file about these messages. Searched under "failed" etc.

The first reads: "Error: reached the end of the file"

The second reads: "Failed:C:\ ...followed by the complete location of the file."

These appear after the erasing session.

TIA,
Waschbaer

Re: "Error: reached the end of the file" and &quot

Yep, you can't erase small files at all...

I think this version 5.7 is totally flawed! Guess how many other serious bugs there are because even the simplest basic things doesn't seem to be working. ;(

I thougt that fixed version would come out "tomorrow" but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe version is intentionally made broken so people would find another program that they might buy to ensure(?) quality.

OK, mika84, thanks for the reply. I didn't think to check the size of the problem files, but I will. Maybe that's the cause of my difficulties.

Much obliged!

Waschbaer said:
OK, mika84, thanks for the reply. I didn't think to check the size of the problem files, but I will. Maybe that's the cause of my difficulties.

Try to create 1 byte file and erase it.

P.S. There is something else too. Eraser works on my work computer but doesn't work with my home computer. Yes I tried to delete 1 byte file with both computer. 5.7 works some times. I guess it might have something to do with the upgrade. I installed 5.7 directly to office computer but I had 5.3 here before.

Anyway, it's related to filesize that problem should be cheked. I dunno why it's working with other computer and doesn't work with others. Hmm. Maybe NTFS compression has something to do with it? My home temp is compressed but office temp isnt...

Bug "confirmed"

Bug Confirmed:

- I have two 10 byte files in same directory
- Normal file is erased without any problems
- Compressed file is LEFT untouched(!) after erasing, oops.

Error message is End Of File reached.

Ok, could this be fixed now?! ;)

Btw. It's quite strange that no body has tested this kind of environment. Compression is commonly supported so it shouldn't be a suprice that somebody is using it.

But this is good to know, so I'm not using compression with directores that I'm going to erase.

- Thank you

Back