Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070570

Hello,

I made unused disk space C:\ on another computer.

Session: Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2010 14:53:22
Donnerstag, 13. Mai 2010 14:53:42 Error Die Datei oder das Verzeichnis ist beschädigt und nicht lesbar. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070570)

Error: The file or directory is corrupt and not readable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070570)

What can I do?

eraseduser said:
What can I do?

This is a Windows system error, so the focus has to be the system rather than Eraser as such.

Please run a disk check (with correction of errors enabled) on the affected drive. As this is a C: drive, Windows will ask for permission to schedule this on reboot. Agree to this and restart the computer. The disk check will then run before Windows starts, and, when it is finished, the computer will start again.
If you then have further problems please come back, and advise whether the error lists a particular folder or relates to the root of the drive.

David

eraseduser said:
One cluster on the hard disk is defect. Why does this stop the wiping of unused disk space?
Assuming the system has marked the cluster as bad, no. But the bad sectors will not be wiped, of course.

David

And it is possible that the bad sector can allow data to be recovered. Depending on what was on the drive, you may like to condemn it by degaussing it before physically destroying it.

Back