Firefox erasing

A

Anonymous

Firstly, thank you for all your work on such a wonderfully elegant piece of software. I have been using it for years.

I have also been using Mozilla/Firefox since its inception, and have read the extremely helpful thread about Firefox Tools/Options/Privacy settings.

My question is this. After making the changes to the Firefox settings, and closing Firefox, is it then safe to start eraser to simply wipe all unused space on the C drive? Or, do I have to list in eraser the various firefox files for erasing with a pseudorandom run?

Also, it has been my practice in Firefox to clear all information listed in the Privacy menu and then shut down and restart the computer, and then wipe all unused space on the C drive overnight with a pseudorandom run.

Please advise me on what is the best approach.

Again, thanks to the Heidi people and all the contributors to this forum.

In answer to the first question,a unused space wipe will only over write material considered "deleted"-but I`m not sure what you mean by " changes to the Firefox settings"
Secondly,which seems to me a more reasonable approach,clearing everything in the Privacy menu,closing the browser,and then doing an unused space wipe sounds OK-but I`m not sure of the need to shut down and restart,and there might be Registry implications on this point.

READ THIS! How much is firefox talked about?

hi all

Saw you guys talking about firefox before.

learn more about firefox trend(s)

This is really interesting, looks like a graph over time of the number of times " firefox " has been mentioned, it does this by graphing the results in google yahoo etc, very interesting, you can see just how popular firefox is becoming

Click here to see the firefox history

READ THIS! How much is firefox talked about?

hi all

Saw you guys talking about firefox before.

learn more about firefox trend(s)

This is really interesting, looks like a graph over time of the number of times " firefox " has been mentioned, it does this by graphing the results in google yahoo etc, very interesting, you can see just how popular firefox is becoming

Click here to see the firefox history

Back