Found folders, how to delete them?

programm

I want to delete "Found' folder on my partitions, it contains Found.XXXX folders that contain deleted files. The problem is that these folders contain deleted files with personal info in the filename and that I want removed. I was able to find with recovery software that there are ROOT\Found\Found.XXXX folders and I want to erase all such folders and files inside, on Windows 8.1 if I try to type D:\Found\ or to find me such folders, it says it couldn't find an existing folder with that name..

I was able to find with recovery software that there are ROOT\Found\Found.XXXX folders and I want to erase all such folders and files inside

Which recovery program did you use?

Did you try erasing the folders/files using the recovery program's erase feature?

I used data rescue pc3 but I found no option to delete. now I use Recuva, not sure if it has such an option. But for deleting I tried Eraser, so Eraser cannot find those folders? Found folder is a folder like $RECYCLE.Bin and Sys Volume Information but it is not visible the way you see the Sys volume and recycle. Deleted files go there, I think every session you delete some files a folder Found.XXXX is created inside and some files get there. Now I wanna erase all in the main Found folder.

We will first reset your Recycle Bin.
In Windows ➢ Organize ➢ Folder and search options ➢ View ➢ Hidden files and folders.
Select ☉Show hidden files and folders. Uncheck ☐Hide protected operating system files. Ignore warning. Apply. OK

In the root directory click OS(C:) ➢ Delete $RECYCLE.BIN. Ignore warning. OK
Each drive has a recycle bin. If your issue involves other drives you will have to do the same with them.

Return to Folder and search options as above and undo your ☉Show hidden files and folders and ☐Hide protected operating system files.
Reboot the computer. Windows will create a new Recycle Bin with your problem files deleted.

Then start Recuva and scan.
Right click ➢ View mode ➢ List view. Click on the column heading Path to sort the files. If you see those problem files then right click and Secure Overwrite Highlighted / Checked.

Thanks but it didn't wanna delete the files, the files are now in some MFT

So you are saying Eraser can't reach those? If this is so, I will uninstall it as it is of no use and I will proceed with file shredding mb knoppix.

I suggest running chkdsk on the PC then try a freespace erase including cluster tips. After all that run your recovery app and see the result.

Recovery apps will recover thousands of files after a freespace erase as Eraser creates these to fill up the disk. The files should not contain any valid contents.

Back