help, not workning

efrahem89

hello i have a problem whit eraser im trying to erase free space so i cant restor it. i tried but when i use a progrem to restor i find that its still there. i find out that the files are on "Unmounted NTFS partition" how do i do so i cant restore the fils form there??

Sorry if my english is bad :p hope someone can help me

What version of the program are you using and have you actually tried to recover one of the files.. to see if they recover corrupted or just fine?? I know with R-Studio I can see files that were there from way back.. some that would seem to be from before I owned the drive.. but they would not recover on some because the file data would be corrupted.. I would check that.. For the most part with some tools the files will not be recoverable.. ( In fact I am running a full disc wipe right.. three days time for 320 GB HD.. Barracuda.. trying to realign some of the sectors.. and start fresh.. bt with another tool on another system )

Truthfully with some of the technology that is owned by the FBI.. and several methods of forensics.. The only way is to crack it open and melt it down... seriously..

Because of the way file systems are designed, recovery programs often read the names of erased files from the folder entry, even though the data in the file has been erased and is often unrecoverable. The only solution the that problem is to copy or move any files you want to keep elsewhere, and then erase the whole folder.

David

efrahem89 said:
hello i have a problem whit eraser im trying to erase free space so i cant restor it. i tried but when i use a progrem to restor i find that its still there. i find out that the files are on "Unmounted NTFS partition" how do i do so i cant restore the fils form there??

Sorry if my english is bad :p hope someone can help me
I'm thinking that if the erase completed on an NTFS Drive, then what you have found are files which are residues from the free space erase. Those files only contain garbage and their names are also garbage. Most of the time, that isn't a big security issue. If it is, you'd have to reformat the drive and restore the rest of your non-sensitive data.

Back