help using clean disk space

Edition450Never

Error The program does not have the required permissions to erase the unused space on disk. Run the program as an administrator and retry the operation.

I got this message when trying to free up some space, i am the administrater so im not sure what to do next.

Any suggestions welcome

thanks in advance

Running as Administrator is also known as running 'elevated'. You will find information on this in the FAQ (link below).

David

Hi

thanks for the reply but there isnt any usful info to be found on this link and are quite old. im using the new version, sorry i didnt mention that before. so i would still like to know how to get the permissions needed to clean up the free disk space.
Any advice?

thanks in advance

This was the FAQ item I had in mind. It's not new, but it's still valid. Summary: exit the currently running instance of Eraser using the icon in the System tray, then re-start Eraser by right-clicking on the desktop icon and selecting 'run as Administrator'.

I don't have this problem on my systems, which may be because I have the idiotic UAC turned off in Vista and set to 'never notify' in Windows 7.

David

Back