How do I set up Earser to clean Mozilla?

A

Anonymous

How do I set up eraser to clean the mozilla cookies and history and stuff like that?

Moz. clean up. with Eraser.

Ok,do you know how to enter a new task in Eraser?
BTW,personally I erase Cache folders(2) and these files:History,Cookies and Downloads by running Eraser,plus going back to Mozilla to Edit,Preferences,History and "Clear Location Bar".This should cover most privacy/security needs I feel! How many times you overwrite these with Eraser,depends on your level of paranoia!

Yes I know how to enter the commands. I just wanted to know what and where to erase for mozilla.

Moz. and Eraser.

Right,if using Windows go to:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Profile\default\xxxxxxx.slt
and you should find them! BTW,note I normally use "default" or whatever,rather than my real name,when setting up a profile.OK?

Re: Moz. clean up. with Eraser.

Visitor said:
BTW,personally I erase Cache folders(2) and these files:History,Cookies and Downloads by running Eraser,plus going back to Mozilla to Edit,Preferences,History and "Clear Location Bar".This should cover most privacy/security needs I feel! How many times you overwrite these with Eraser,depends on your level of paranoia!

Can you show me how to erase my Cache folders and the files: History, Cookies, and Downloads using Eraser? I only figured out how to drag exisiting files to the List so far.

Re: Moz. clean up. with Eraser.

Visitor said:

Can you show me how to erase my Cache folders and the files: History, Cookies, and Downloads using Eraser? I only figured out how to drag exisiting files to the List so far.

OK,open Eraser,goto File,New Task, and in Task Properties box,click Files on Folder button,then click small box(3 dots) at end of greyed out line.
Then click in turn on "C",Windows,Application Data and so on until you have entered what you require.Don`t forget to check "Keep task on list" box,otherwise it will run only once,and make doubly sure you have the correct file path entered in Eraser before using!I hope this is clearer than it sounds to me!

Back