How to free up space on iPhone?

Alenliu

As time goes by, space on iPhone is smaller and smaller, thus slowing the operation speed of iPhones. But please don't worry, iPhone Data Cleaner app can easily clean all junk files within a few simple clicks to free up space on iPhone.

Askiyytr

You can erase data to free up space of iPhone . Erase iPhone data like : contacts, text messages, photos, videos, apps, passwords and other personal data . Coolmuster iOS Data Eraser supports all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod

Rouclia

To free up space on iPhone ,You can clean up iPhone or wipe out iPhone Data completel,what I mean is not a simple delete, you need use some iPhone Data Erase tool ,
It can acquire you the iPhone data , then displayed on the computer, you can permanently delete the data on the computer with once click,

Last edited:

Maple Bolon

Except erasing data on iPhone, transferring phone data to a external hard disk or to PC is also a great idea. After all, not all files on iPhne are useless.

Elinaee

I have ever searched some iPhone eraser sofoware on Google, maybe you can have a try.

Lamterpe

Besides erase all settings and content, there is another alternative way to destory the data on the phone. The principle is that first write a set of random digits to

the phone, then factory reset. This data on the phone will be overwritten and it is more secure. Here is the tutorial

Incidiya

For iPhone, you can use FoneDog - iOS Data Eraser:

• Easy and Simple, it is just click-through process.
  • You can erase full data or select priavte data you want to erase.
  • Permanently erase your private data, and absolutely unrecoverable.
  • No one can ever recover or view the erased data.

Incidiya

For iPhone, you can use FoneDog - iOS Data Eraser:

• Easy and Simple, it is just click-through process.
  • You can erase full data or select priavte data you want to erase.
  • Permanently erase your private data, and absolutely unrecoverable.
  • No one can ever recover or view the erased data.

JakeTse

That depends on to what extent you want. In general, you can delete data from iPhone manually to make room for new data. And if you want to delete iPhone data permanently, you should use an iOS data erasing tool. With such a tool, you can choose to erase specified data type such as photos, app caches, private info and junk files.

Milton Ventura

Here are some tips and tricks for freeing up space on your iPhone.

1.Find out what's hogging your storage

First you want to find out what's taking up so much storage. You can do this by opening the Settings app, tapping "General" and then selecting "Storage & iCloud Usage." Next, tap "Manage Storage."

This will show a list of apps in order from largest to smallest. Remove any apps you don't use, you might be surprised by how much storage they consume.

Pro tip: Games are usually the worst offenders.

2.Clear out old messages!

Messages take up a lot of space on your iPhone. You can stop your phone from saving them by going to Settings > Messages and tapping "Keep Messages." Change it from either "Forever" or "1 year" to just 30 days.

3.Use the iCloud Photo Library

Keep your photos in the cloud instead of on your device. You can do this by visiting Settings > Photos & Camera and turning on iCloud Photo Library. Then select "Optimize iPhone Storage." When your phone runs low on space, it'll store your photos in the cloud and make room for new data.

While we're here, navigate to the bottom of the page and turn off the options for "Keep Normal Photo" for Portrait Mode and HDR. Those are creating duplicate photos each time you snap a picture in those modes!

Pro tip: Consider using Google Photos instead, it's even better than Apple Photos.

4.Try a bit of magic

Somehow I missed this one, but it apparently works really well. Redditors noticed last year that if you're running low on space, you can head to the iTunes Store to attempt to rent a movie. As long as the movie file is larger than the space you have available, your attempt to rent it will fail and you won't get charged.

But just trying to make that attempt will force your phone to clear its pipes. Reddit suggests doing this several times in a row. Some commenters noticed they were able to free more than 3GB of space.

5.Kill the podcasts

This one has hit me hard in the past. I'll get on a podcast kick for a week and subscribe to about 20 podcasts and then move on with my life. Except the podcast app will keep downloading new episodes as they come out, long after you've given up interest.

Manage this by going to Settings > Podcasts and selecting "Limit Episodes." This way you can always have the most recent episode without downloading every hit each week. Open the Podcasts app and clear out old ones you might have, too.

6.Delete all those accidental videos, burst photos and screenshots

You might be surprised how many random videos you have stored on your iPhone, some you probably don't even remember taking. You'll find these, along with screenshots you may have snapped and no longer need, right in the "Albums" list inside Photos.

Go through and delete all the junk. While you're there, pop into the "Bursts" album and go through each one. Bursts can snap hundreds of photos in just seconds, and you might not know if you've done it.

Take this as a bit of a lesson, though: if you can swing it, always try to buy one model up from the base storage offered by Apple.

Ronald Johnson

Erase data on your phone or even unwanted apps. I have 16g iPhone 6s and it is not enough. so i am backing up my files in case i need to delete them.