Installation Problems

Jojo

I downloaded the software & Microsoft.NET. Then I rebooted. I am running Windows XP. I can't find The Eraser. Any clues as to what I do next?
I would love some help. This is taking hours and hours.

I'm sorry, but from your description I don't understand your problem. Please could you be a bit more specific about what you can't find?

David

Please read the FAQ post entitled "Getting to know Eraser 6". I am somewhat surprised that you can't find it. There should be an Eraser icon on your desktop, and another, smaller, one in your system tray.

David

Hi David,
I don't have the icon. I'm going to try installing again. Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hello, again.
I just downloaded Eraser again. This time I got the icon on my desktop. When it try to run it, I get this error message:

C:|Documents and Setting\Main\Desktop\Eraser 6.08.2273.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

When I hit OK, the program terminates.
Any ideas? And thanks again.

ps, I did read the "Getting to know Eraser document that you suggested. It's great! Now, if I can just get that far....."

You may have a corrupt install file. Please try re-downloading.

If that doesn't work, could you please tell us which version of Windows you are using, and in particular if it is 32- or 64-bit.

David

Re: Installation Problems - Success at last!

Thanks for your help.
I went into the operating system (XP) and updated it. Then I downloaded Eraser again. This time the install went through.
I am now happily erasing my old computer so that I can dispose of it safely! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Glad to help.

David

Back