"Invisible" Eraser?

dragon3472

Hello, I'm a new user of Eraser. I searched the forum for this issue before posting, so please forgive me if this is a redundant thread.

My problem is this: once Eraser begins processing my task (unused space), it disappears - there is no icon on the taskbar, I cannot alt-tab to it, and it doesn't show up under "Applications" in the windows task manager. The only indication I have that it is running at all is that it shows up under processes in task manager and the CPU usage for it fluctuates. This makes me think it is still running but I have no way to check the GUI. Is this a common problem, and is there a workaround? I should note that my operating system is Windows 7. Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this subject!

Try the system notification area. Eraser has a tray icon there.

It's not a common problem, at least as you describe it.

Before we look further, if you right-click on (an empty part of) the tray and select 'Customize notification icons', there should be an entry in the list for Eraser. If there is one, and the behaviour is set to 'Hide Icon and Notifications', you will need to change that setting.

David

Back