Just a few questions

xlnc78

hi just got a few questions and would appreciate it if u can help, im kinda new using this software

1. How do i know that the erase has fully worked?, what should i be looking for in the log?

i have read your tutorial and what im getting differs a bit with what u have shown on the print screen.

On the main screen, after i have chosen what method i like, im getting something like this:

----> [ ] (IDE 0,0,0,-,-) WDC AC21000H
[ ] (IDE 0,0,0,-,1) Partition

2. which option to i select for me to have FULL erase? ( every thing must go including partitions etc)

3. If i opt for 2 rounds, choosing the Gutmann method, does that mean the Gutmann method will run twice with 35 passes each round? if so what is the max number of rounds possible?

4. After i have erased the hard drive using a method from dban and ready to install windows, if it asks me to format the hard drive, should i do it?, is there any point since all the data is gone for good anyway?

thanks for ur help!!

kind regards!

1. How do i know that the erase has fully worked?, what should i be looking for in the log?
DBAN will say "successful" on the screen.

2. which option to i select for me to have FULL erase? ( every thing must go including partitions etc)
The first. Partitions within this disk will be marked "[****]".

3. If i opt for 2 rounds, choosing the Gutmann method, does that mean the Gutmann method will run twice with 35 passes each round?
Yes.

4. After i have erased the hard drive using a method from dban and ready to install windows, if it asks me to format the hard drive, should i do it?,
Yes, or the operating system will not be installed.

Back