No eraser methods in Eraser 6.0.7.1893

markmorgan

I have found this previous post http://bbs.heidi.ie/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6148&p=17725 on the topic of 'No file erasure methods to choose' and installed the latest August 2010 set from Microsoft. I have added the Certificate pluggin to the Machine Management Console and can see the Certum CA certificate and proved the thumbprint is the same as in the post. Yet I still have no Erasure methods to choose from.

Has anyone any ideas where I can go next?

Thanks,
Mark.

Thank you for looking up the previous post and trying the solution there. That at least takes us several steps towards a diagnosis.

In the absence of further thoughts from Joel, I would try completely removing Eraser from your system, re-downloading and reinstalling. That would (nearly) eliminate the possibility that there was something wrong with the installation of Eraser itself.

David

I uninstalled it. Deleted the directory under Application Data and that for Eraser 5.8.8 too. In the registry I deleted the entries for Eraser and those from 5.8.8 too - both under HKCU\Software.

I then re-installed and tried again. Same error. So I have re-traced my steps and I have found that the Certum CA certificate is only present under the Third-Party Root Certificate Authorities and not in the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities list.

Why would that be? Can I just copy it from one to the other?

Mark.

Thanks for persisting with this, and sharing more useful information.

I'm afraid don't know the answer to your question (Joel may), but I see no harm in trying the obvious solution.

David

Yes it should go to the trusted root certs folder, I'm not sure why it isn't...

Back