Portable version of Eraser?

Portable apps also links to sourceforge. Here's a direct link to the installer:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec ... tlayer-dal

I said before that I don't download installation executables from Sourceforge. I only download portable versions of programs, by which I mean the compiled program and all it's required files in a zip folder. An installation executable is not a portable version, no matter what it calls itself.

Where can I get the source code from the stable build? I'll compile it myself.

It isn't immediately obvious which revision is the stable build. Does anyone know?

I need a portable version too. I can't have something that installs on my machine that lets other people know that I have something on my machine that is valuable enough to require secure deletes. It simply makes me a target. This is to me is what "plausible deniability" is all about.

I need the program to be self contained. All the files, settings, configuration need to be contained in a parent folder. The program shouldn't use the registry either. There shouldn't be an installer either, and nothing should appear in the Windows Control Panel\Programs.

PortableApps is not a good solution:

1) The portable app is not up to date: v5.8.8.1, 2012-05-11.

2) The portable app is not authenticated by the application team (anyone can create a PortableApp and have it hosted on the site).

3) PortableApps virtualizes the install. This mean the application will look like it has been installed, though just temporarily, until the application is closed. This is not ideal, and I see no reason to use the registry or other folder locations. The registry is a quick way for someone to see what applications I have/had installed.

PortableApps uses virtualization. I want a real portable app.

I'm willing to donate on this issue on Bountysource

Portable apps also links to sourceforge. Here's a direct link to the installer:

I said before that I don't download installation executables from Sourceforge. I only download portable versions of programs, by which I mean the compiled program and all it's required files in a zip folder. An installation executable is not a portable version, no matter what it calls itself.

Where can I get the source code from the stable build? I'll compile it myself.

Portableapps website use their own compile installers for their portable files and have nothing to do with source forge installers!?

I need a portable version too. I can't have something that installs on my machine that lets other people know that I have something on my machine that is valuable enough to require secure deletes. It simply makes me a target. This is to me is what "plausible deniability" is all about.

I need the program to be self contained. All the files, settings, configuration need to be contained in a parent folder. The program shouldn't use the registry either. There shouldn't be an installer either, and nothing should appear in the Windows Control Panel Programs.

PortableApps is not a good solution:

1) The portable app is not up to date: v5.8.8.1, 2012-05-11.

2) The portable app is not authenticated by the application team (anyone can create a PortableApp and have it hosted on the site).

3) PortableApps virtualizes the install. This mean the application will look like it has been installed, though just temporarily, until the application is closed. This is not ideal, and I see no reason to use the registry or other folder locations. The registry is a quick way for someone to see what applications I have had installed.

1. It will not be updated to v6 because the 6.x version uses the NET framework and, thus, is not portable. See their forum for a full explanation.
2. PortableApps website has been around for many many years and is widely supported with official portable app versions. There is one developer who release all versions himself. Not just random anybody's.
3. Portable apps don't show in program files. It doesnt use the registry only if YOU select to have it run on start up.

Back