"Possible Failure" when using Erasing unused disk

weetoots

I was checking my statistics while I was doing a scheduled "erase unused disk space" and noticed that all "processed times" had "possible failures". At the time I was using 5.7 so I changed to 5.8. Same thing is happening.
What am I doing wrong? :?
TIA
Al

Re: "Possible Failure" when using Erasing unused d

weetoots said:
I was checking my statistics while I was doing a scheduled "erase unused disk space" and noticed that all "processed times" had "possible failures". At the time I was using 5.7 so I changed to 5.8. Same thing is happening.
What am I doing wrong? :?
TIA
Al
From the Eraser FAQ
When I erase unused disk space I get an error with a long list of files that could not be processed. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing, the meaning of this error is to warn you that not all unused space on the drive could be overwritten. This is because the files on the list were loaded in memory and therefore, locked by the operating system and their cluster tips could not be erased. You can reduce the amount of locked files by closing as many applications as possible before erasing unused disk space. You can find more information about the cluster tips from the help file.

Thanks Carver.
So is this temp folder with all the files in it created each time erase runs?
Is it safe to delete this folder?

Al

weetoots said:
Thanks Carver.
So is this temp folder with all the files in it created each time erase runs?
Is it safe to delete this folder?

Al

If you are talking about the fail to process folders,no. Those files are being used by the computer that is why they are locked and you get the error message Failed to Process. The only .tmp file you can safely delete is ~ERAFSWD.TMP, it is created when eraser wipes cluster tips. Eraser should delete the file at the end of its process.

Carver,
I removed ~ERAFSWD.TMP from c: and d:. Seems to work OK now. I will watch for that file in the future. It was auto deleted this time.
Again thanks.
Al

Back