Recycle Bin not being totally erased - 6.0.7.1893

Did you upload the crash report? Did you enable the crash reporting component?

Joel said:
Did you upload the crash report? Did you enable the crash reporting component?

Do you mean Eraser Blackbox plugin? If so, yes I checked the box. Where would the report be? When I started Eraser up again, the box was unchecked.

You need to Save Settings. The button is at the top-right of the settings. Do that, then restart Eraser.

Joel said:
You need to Save Settings. The button is at the top-right of the settings. Do that, then restart Eraser.

Ok, it crashed again and when i restarted Eraser I got the window that says a crash report was built. I chose the Submit Later option since I'd like to see what's included in the report. How do I do this later? I don't see an option to send the report anywhere. Also, where does this go to, how is it transmitted, and who sees it?

slipaway said:
How do I do this later? I don't see an option to send the report anywhere.
Just restart Eraser. the contents of the report can be seen by double clicking the report name.
slipaway said:
Where does this go to, how is it transmitted, and who sees it?
Garrett's server, through the internet (standard web server), I'll be seeing it. of course, the contents of what you are erasing isn't part of the report.

...Thank you, though without the memory dump it is sometimes impossible to debug.

Joel said:
...Thank you, though without the memory dump it is sometimes impossible to debug.

If there was a simple way I could see what I was sending you in that file I'd probably send it. From what I researched it's quite an ordeal to see the contents. Sorry, I hope you can at least get pointed in the right direction with the other text files.

slipaway said:
If there was a simple way I could see what I was sending you in that file I'd probably send it. From what I researched it's quite an ordeal to see the contents. Sorry, I hope you can at least get pointed in the right direction with the other text files.
Well, the memory dump is just that -- a memory dump. The reason it's a huge file is because the entire state of the program is snapshot into one file, since it is quite necessary to know what's going on in the process space.

Anyway, I hope that I can debug it too. I just checked the server, I don't see any reports with only a debug log which may be yours.

Back