Recycle Bin Problem

saywhat

Hello,

I haven't found an answer to this question yet... I found similar, but nothing that helped, so I'd appreciate the help here.

I erased a big file from the recycle bin, but cancelled it before it finished. The file then disappeared from the bin.

Does this mean that the file has at least been deleted? Or is it still present on the hard drive somewhere?

I've searched for the temp folder that is supposedly created by eraser, but haven't found it... what's this about? Where is it? (I searched by creation/modification and by filename with no luck)

What is the technique that eraser uses? Does it first delete the file normally then rewrite over the location? If so, does this mean that the big file that mysteriously dissapeared is deleted?

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!! :) ERASER IS A GREAT PROGRAM!

I noticed the exact same issue just a few minutes ago when erasing my recycling bin. The files in question cannot have been erased because no time was spent erasing them. Recovery tools would easily be able to find the remaining files.

This is a serious problem that Eraser needs to fix. If this has happened to you, then you can just erase all unused space on all drives. It will take a very long time, but it's probably the only way to be safe at this point. :)

Back