Removing earlier versions

kendoyle53

I'm trying to remove Eraser 5.6 but I keep getting: internal error: cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the Installer. I've downloaded Eraser again but that didn't help.

Sorry, but I cannot help very specifically with this one, as it is not an Issue I have encountered.

Posts on the web (relating to other applications) indicate that installing 5.6 again, if you can, and then trying to uninstall it, may help. Otherwise, the best I can suggest is that you manually delete the program folder, and then run a registry checker/cleaner such as the one in CCleaner. Then, ideally, run a utility to remove the entry from the list of Windows install files. If you want to be really thorough, run the Registry editor, search for entries containing the word 'Eraser', and delete any entries you feel comfortable deleting; this latter will of course depend on your knowledge of Windows. The usual advice on these occasions is to set a System Restore point before you do anything like this, in case you do damage and need to revert.

David

Agreed with David's advice. I wasn't around when 5.6 was published, so I don't really have any clue on how the installers etc worked.

I've tried several removal programs and always hit the same snag: "internal error: cannot find utCompiledCode record for this version of the Installer"
From PC-decrapifier to Advanced Systemcare to windows add/remove. This warning always shows up. I've reloaded the whole program again, still the same results. :?:

kendoyle53 said:
This warning always shows up. I've reloaded the whole program again, still the same results. :?:
Then the best we can suggest, for this very old and no longer supported version, is to go through the manual uninstall described above.

What you are experiencing is less a issuewith Eraser than a problem with the Windows installer. Your version of Windows (particularly if newer) may be incompatible with Eraser 5.6. Manual processing (particularly thorough removal of files and running a registry cleaner) should provide a nearly complete uninstall which could, for instance, allow you to install a newer version of Eraser.

David

Back