Scheduled Erases Not Taking Place - Files Remain on Computer

lastevns

Hi all,

I am VERY frustrated with Eraser. I have scheduled files to be erased each day and they are not being erased. I go into the file the next day (before turning on any browser - and it's browser cache I'm looking to erase) and there are files there from days before. It's not even that they can be recovered (as other members have stated - I've yet to check out that issue). It's that the files are NEVER being erased to begin with. If I go into the files, individually, I can erase them and the files seem to be gone. But it is as though the Scheduler isn't running at all. What I did, last, was schedule the files to be erased on reboot. Well, some of them were and many weren't (I received a message saying the file could not be found and that there were no files to be found). Yet, I went into those directories and, lo and behold, there were files there.

I am running the most recent version of Eraser (just updated today). I am running on Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium. I have Eraser scheduled to erase the following:

C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Local\History
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\te865qma.default\Cache
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\te865qma.default\OfflineCache
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files\Low
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData\index.dat
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Roaming\Skype\lastevns\chatsync
C:\Users\Laurie\AppData\Roaming\Skype\lastevns\httpfe

I regularly find records that are days old in the FireFox Cache and in History. Can anyone tell me why this would happen? I used this program to feel safe and I don't feel safe at all.

Thanks!

Laurie

lastevns said:
Can anyone tell me why this would happen?

Does the log file mention anything about any of the files being locked? I've a ticket open to deal with a similar sounding issue to yours in eraser 6 where scheduler craps out if it hits a file that is locked.

Best I can suggest at the moment is to use the most recent version 5.x release as it will skip any locked files and continue wiping the rest of the scheduled files.

Back