Scheduled Tasks

Jaguar57

Just a couple quick questions about setting up scheduled tasks. Looks pretty straight forward to do. However do they or do they not run (when you have them set as reoccurring) when no user is logged onto the computer?

From my testing (with no one logged into the computer) the job looks like it runs or will reset itself to the next occurrence however the files of the specific folder do not get deleted. When I leave myself logged on the computer the job runs just fine.

Is there anyway this can be changed? Can that "task" Eraser sets up be scheduled to run with Windows XP Scheduled Tasks to run when no one is logged into the specific computer?

Joel will answer this more authoritatively than I, but, as the Task List resides in the AppData folder of the owning User Account, I'd guess that the account would need to be open for the task to run.

David

Thanks for pointing out that file. It is located there doesnt look like it runs anything when you double click on it even though it looks like it might open with Eraser.

I presume this constraint of the scheduling is just a limitation of the software?

Jaguar57 said:
Thanks for pointing out that file. It is located there doesn't look like it runs anything when you double click on it even though it looks like it might open with Eraser.
AFAIK, it's not meant to. The Eraser icon is, I suppose, to indicate its provenance.

Jaguar57 said:
I presume this constraint of the scheduling is just a limitation of the software?
Limitation or design feature - it cuts either way. I'd guess that Eraser does not have an "all users" install by design - you don't want one user erasing another user's files ...

David

DavidHB said:
Jaguar57 said:
Limitation or design feature - it cuts either way. I'd guess that Eraser does not have an "all users" install by design - you don't want one user erasing another user's files ...
Absolutely. That may change in post-6.2 after Eraser is a Service and erasing files defined by an administrator becomes possible.

Back