Secure move not available

bratwurst

Hello,
I just installed the latest version of eraser. When I try to use secure move by drag and drop with the right mouse button, the context menu shows a row "Eraser ->", but moving the mouse over or clicking it won't do anything, no further menu will open.
How can I solve this bug?

OS is Windows Xp SP3 with all updates. I experienced on two different computers.

Thanks

Secure move is, unfortunately, not implemented in Eraser 6.0.x. It has been implemented in the development 6.1 versions, but these are currently not available from the Eraser website, because of a server problem which seems to be taking a very long time to fix. :(

You can still copy and erase the original, of course.

David

Thanks for your answer. I searched the web for v. 6.1, but couldn't find a (reliable) download source. Do you know where I can get it? Or could you please upload it somewhere, if you have it?
Or can you tell me which was the latest version before 6.1 that had this function?

The 6.1 builds are beta standard. They were available from the Eraser download page before the server crash, and I know that Joel would like to make them available again. I know of no other source.

I'd rather not become an unofficial provider, as this would require anonymous FTP access to my web space, and a potential level of usage My account with my ISP does not provide.

David

I think for a security software like Eraser official distribution channels are important... so please bear with us while we try to resolve the situation.

Joel said:
I think for a security software like Eraser official distribution channels are important... so please bear with us while we try to resolve the situation.
6.1 builds are again available on the downloads page, so that is the answer to the original query.

David

Back