Set Protection Problem

scanman

I set protection in Vers 5.8, and now it won't accecpt my password anymore. It was working fine, but we had to change our password to logon to our domain, and now it seems the the original password I chose no longer works. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but the box pops up upon bootup asking for the security password in Eraser to continue. I assume it's buried somewhere in the registry, and the uninstall does NOT remove it. Do I have to do sometype of reg hack to be able to use this program? I mean, what if you forgot your password... You could NEVER use the program again???

Thanks for any help or feed back!

Help please....

Hey there!... im having the same problem!.... checked in the reg and can not find anything with this info attached..... help would be great as i can not use this now on my work computer.... thanks a bunch, Kelly

Re: Help please....

Kelly said:
Hey there!... im having the same problem!.... checked in the reg and can not find anything with this info attached..... help would be great as i can not use this now on my work computer.... thanks a bunch, Kelly
Look for a folder in the registey called heidi.

Hey that worked!... i did not see that one there... was not looking for that name either though!!! :D Thanks a bunch!...

Back