Settings and Scheduled Tasks File

mginster

What file are the Eraser settings and scheduled tasks stored in?

What I need to accomplish is a deployment of tasks and eraser settings to about 500 machines and I would love to be able to do this by just copying the config file from Eraser to Eraser directory.

The global settings are in the Registry key HKCU\Software\Eraser\Eraser 6. Tasks are in the Task List file %LOCALAPPDATA%\Eraser 6\Task List.ersx if you are using Vista or Windows 7; the location in XP is %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Eraser6\Task List.ersx.

What I don't know is whether the settings are deployable in the way you suggest. I'd be glad to know the results of your experiments.

David

If you have a domain network, I believe it is possible to deploy the registry settings through a GPO, and for the Task List a startup script may work. I do recognise that enterprise deployments are a little sticky at the moment, but I don't really know what would be needed for larger deployments (e.g. like yours) as my network only has about 10 computers (it's a personal one, not a corporate one, but with AD and all)

Yes, both of the fixes stated above are working, thank you very much! I have created a batch file that does both tasks and have compiled it into a self extracting exe so we can deploy it and just tell it to run.

The batch lines are as follows:

::Edit of the Registy for the ClearcompletedTasks value.
REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Eraser\Eraser 6\3460478d-ed1b-4ecc-96c9-2ca0e8500557" /v ClearCompletedTasks /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >> C:\eraserfixlog.txt /f

::Copying of the Task List to the Application Data
COPY /Y "C:\ERASERFIX\Task List.ersx" "C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\ERASER 6\" >> C:\eraserfixlog.txt

EXIT /B 0

Thanks again!

Thank you. This is useful information.

David

Back