temp file location

jocr

dear all,

is it also possible in some way to choose the location (external hd for example) of the temp file that is created during the erasing process? This way i can avoid the disk full messages while erasing...

I hava an external HD connected through usb. Is it possible to erase this too, or is this the same as the usb key sticky?

Kind regards.

jocr said:
dear all,
is it also possible in some way to choose the location (external hd for example) of the temp file that is created during the erasing process? This way i can avoid the disk full messages while erasing...
As I understand it, that would completely defeat the purpose of Eraser. Eraser "erases" free space by overwriting it with a very large temporary file, until the disk gets full (which is normal and by design, nothing to worry about), then erases that temp file.

Putting the temp file in some other location just would not erase the remaining data on the disk you want to clean up.

Concerned said:
jocr said:
dear all,
As I understand it, that would completely defeat the purpose of Eraser. Eraser "erases" free space by overwriting it with a very large temporary file, until the disk gets full (which is normal and by design, nothing to worry about), then erases that temp file.

Putting the temp file in some other location just would not erase the remaining data on the disk you want to clean up.

That’s exactly right, I couldn’t have put it better myself. :)

Back