Unknown Action msg when Vista boots

sc_user

Hi,

I am running the latest version of Eraser (6.0.6.1376 15 Dec 2009) on a Dell Laptop running Vista Home Premium SP2. When the laptop boots up and Vista displays I get a dos style box open showing the message:

Unknown Action: -hide

Press Enter to continue . . .

It is a little irritating having to press 'Enter' everytime. I upgraded from v5 to v6 and followed the instructions, I thought, but have I missed something? Please advise.

Yes, you'll need to uninstall v5 and repair the installation of v6 after that's done.

Hi,

I'm using Windows XP Professsional.

I have this problem. I tried to uninstall 5.8.7 and install 6.0.8. Its ok for admin account, with no errors. But for user,limited account, the same error occurred.

I have tried to uninstalled 5.8.7, remove folder from Program Files, still same error.

Error:
Unknown action: -hide

Press enter to continue . . .

Anyone can help?

For some reason, Eraser 5 did not uninstall cleanly.

You need to uninstall Eraser 6, then search the Registry for any entries relating to Eraser (just use 'Eraser' as a search term). Delete anything that obviously relates to the Eraser installation. Then reinstall Eraser 6.

David

It's possible you may have to remove the affected registry keys in every user logged into the system: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Remove all values with "[Program Files]\Eraser\eraser.exe -hide" in the value column.

Back